News, Views, Opinions
We’re Hiring in New York 6/19
June 21, 2019
Our Long Island (Bohemia) based office has the following opportunity for a team player with the right experience and motivation to succeed.
1. ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST / ENGINEERING / GEOLOGIST (3-5 YEARS)
3-5 years of experience with the following:
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (NYSDEC) regulations and guidance, and NYC Office of Environmental Remediation (OER) E-designation and Voluntary Cleanup Program (VCP).
- Phase I & II Environmental Site Assessments, subsurface investigation of soil and groundwater.
- Hydrology, stormwater, and soil erosion and sediment control plans.
- Geological/geotechnical borehole logging.
- Should be comfortable with logistics coordination and working with outside consultants, vendors and service providers.
- Technical report writing, preparing workscopes, and implementing field investigations.
- Experience and willingness to perform environmental sampling.
Basic understanding of Soil, Groundwater, and Soil Vapor Remediation and Design considered a plus.
- Willing to be based out of our Suffolk County Long Island office, with occasional travel into New York City.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD a plus.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented, safety conscious individual with a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- OSHA 40 hour (HAZWOPER), OSHA 30 hour and/or OSHA 10 hour (Construction Safety) certifications a plus.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record with no DUI’s, excessive or major violations in the last 5 years.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, engineering, or science-related fields. Masters a plus.
- 3-5 years of environmental-related experience. Minimum of 3 years.
Salary commensurate with experience.
- Dental Vision, Life
- Long Term Disability
- Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
Please Apply Here